The year of 2021 is highly anticipated:
it is the year after the 2020 Covid pandemic affected our planet.
We all hope this world crisis will be behind us in 2021 and we can hold a double congress celebration.
For us hydrogeologists, 2021 will see the 47th IAH CONGRESS held in Brazil on August 22nd – 26th, and the 48th IAH CONGRESS in Belgium
, on September 6th – 10th. Two congresses for IAH’s 65th Birthday. Both committees are working together to bring you coordinated events.
Please note that:
- The 2020 General Assembly of the members of the IAH and the Council Meeting will be held on line – more details to follow from IAH;
- For 2021, these meetings will be organized in Brussels, Belgium, during the 48th IAH Congress in September;
- The IAH Commissions, Networks, Working Groups and National Chapters will choose where to hold their meetings in 2021.
GROUNDWATER WORLD CONGRESS
The current circumstances experienced by everyone, has motivated us to adapt. After a long period of waiting, accompanied by a series of virtual activities, such as free webinars, exhibition fair, exchange of experiences by WhatsApp groups and event app, we will hold the GROUNDWATER WORLD CONGRESS, in a fully digital format.
The Congress gathered three large water groups, International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), Latin American Groundwater Hydrology for Development Association (ALHSUD) and Brazilian Groundwater Association (ABAS), and its events, 47th IAH Brazil Congress, XV Latin American Congress of Hydrogeology, XXI Brazilian Congress of Groundwater, XXII National Meeting of Well Drillers and National Water Fair.
Pandemic made it impossible to hold the face-to-face event, originally scheduled to take place from September 20th to 26th, 2020.
Our decision? It was innovating!
We extended the realization period, which now has the first online stage followed by the face-to-face + online edition (hybrid), according to the schedule below:” para “We extended the event period, which now has two online stages according to the schedule below:
- Between September 21st and 24th, 2020 we realized the first part of our event, ONLINE and FREE! And between September 25th, 2020 and August 20th, 2021, we will have biweekly webinars and lives, among marketing, technical and scientific, inspirational, professional training themes, among others. All sessions are available for access through the ABAS YouTube channel. Watch here
- And between August 22nd and 26th, 2021, the event will continue 100% online.
- The APP is now available, download it searching for IAH 2021 or click here.
- We already have more than 900 people within our 10 WhatsApp groups, who discuss the themes defined for this edition of the Congress.
- Schedule yourself and be with us throughout this journey.
- The great moment of groundwater has arrived in Brazil and in the World!
There could not be a more appropriate country to host this innovative event, since Brazil has about 10% more water than the other two countries together that have more fresh water in the world.
The 2021 Groundwater World Congress will bring you a meeting with proposal and objectives.
Groundwater professionals bring joy to places where water is scarce and health is threatened by it. A local well implanted by the technology and knowledge that we work to create and disseminate changes people’s lives for the better. These experiences are wonderful and shared among members of our groundwater community.
Our meeting will involve the largest global groundwater community in the world! Engaged community is the future of events and we have already started ours. Everyone in our sector has the opportunity to interact digitally by now.
Through our meetings we change the world, from them we build relationships, share experiences, learn about research results, improve public policies and have access to all products that industry and service providers create and develop.
Groundwater is fundamental to sustainability and we mean that with our daily work and research. Join the 2021 GroundWater World Congress in Brazil and share the joy of participating in an event that points to the future of the groundwater community!
GROUNDWATER 4.0: CONNECTED, VISIBLE AND ETHICAL
- Groundwater role in poverty alleviation, food security, and socio-economic development
- Groundwater sustainability: management, policy, and governance
- Groundwater, energy, and climate change
- Groundwater flow, water cycle, and ecosystems
- Karst and fractured aquifers
- Groundwater pollution, remediation, and management
- Geochemistry and isotopes in groundwater
- Applied hydrogeology to engineering, geotechnical, and mining issues
- Advances in water supply technologies and groundwater resource development
- Emerging tools and technologies for groundwater investigation, monitoring, and numerical modeling
- Groundwater education & awareness
- Groundwater and Gender
- Monitoring and Numerical Modeling
- Fractured Aquifers
- Managed Aquifer Recharge
- Groundwater and Sanitation
Abstract Submission starts
Abstract Submission deadline
Registration, End of Early Bird
Everton de Oliveira
José Paulo G. M. Netto
IAH REPRESENTATIVES IN THE ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Vice-President for Programme and Scientific Coordination
Vice-President IAH Brazilian Chapter
ALHSUD REPRESENTATIVE IN THE ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Miguel Rangel Medina
María Vicente Esteller Albertinho
Roger González Herrera
ALHSUD General Secretary
TGWP The Groundwater Project | University of Guelph
CEPAS – USP | ABAS Vice President
João Carlos Simanke de Souza