The year of 2021 is highly anticipated:
it is the year after the 2020 Covid pandemic affected our planet.
We all hope this world crisis will be behind us in 2021 and we can hold a double congress celebration.
For us hydrogeologists, 2021 will see the 47th IAH CONGRESS held in Brazil on August 22nd – 27th, and the 48th IAH CONGRESS in Belgium
, on September 6th – 10th. Two congresses for IAH’s 65th Birthday. Both committees are working together to bring you coordinated events.
Please note that:
- The 2020 General Assembly of the members of the IAH and the Council Meeting will be held on line – more details to follow from IAH;
- For 2021, these meetings will be organized in Brussels, Belgium, during the 48th IAH Congress in September;
- The IAH Commissions, Networks, Working Groups and National Chapters will choose where to hold their meetings in 2021.
2020 has been marked by the enormous challenges brought by the pandemic. It affected everyone, both as a person and as a business. We understand that this is the year to strengthen partnerships, stay close and above all, remain firm within our purposes.
Our groundbreaking 2021 Groundwater World Congress gathered three large water groups, International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), Latin American Groundwater Association (ALHSUD) and Brazilian Groundwater Association (ABAS), and its events, 47th IAH Brazil Congress, XV Latin American Congress of Hydrogeology, XXI Brazilian Congress of Groundwater, XXII National Meeting of Well Drillers and National Water Fair, aims to create and engage the largest groundwater community in the world and to prove the advantages of its use a all user sectors, products and services demonstration, in addition to promoting knowledge and networking.
And we innovate again for this!
The event has already started and will be held in two phases, the first being 100% online between 9/21/2020 and 8/20/2021. During this period and in an unprecedented way, FENÁGUA 2021 will be held entirely in a digital and interactive environment. A series of meetings, lives, webnars and discussions will also be promoted, addressing relevant and innovative themes presented by industry references. On the other hand, the second phase will take place between 08/22/2021 and 08/27/2021 in a hybrid format, which means that you can participate in person or online.
There could not be a more appropriate country to host this innovative event, since Brazil has about 10% more water than the other two countries together that have more fresh water in the world.
The 2021 Groundwater World Congress will bring you a meeting with proposal and objectives.
Groundwater professionals bring joy to places where water is scarce and health is threatened by it. A local well implanted by the technology and knowledge that we work to create and disseminate changes people’s lives for the better. These experiences are wonderful and shared among members of our groundwater community.
Our meeting will involve the largest global groundwater community in the world! Engaged community is the future of events and we have already started ours. Everyone in our sector has the opportunity to interact digitally by now.
Through our meetings we change the world, from them we build relationships, share experiences, learn about research results, improve public policies and have access to all products that industry and service providers create and develop.
Groundwater is fundamental to sustainability and we mean that with our daily work and research. Come to the 2021 Groundwater World Congress, in Brazil, and share th
GROUNDWATER 4.0: CONNECTED, VISIBLE AND ETHICAL
- Groundwater role in poverty alleviation, food security, and socio-economic development
- Groundwater sustainability: management, policy, and governance
- Groundwater, energy, and climate change
- Groundwater flow, water cycle, and ecosystems
- Karst and fractured aquifers
- Groundwater pollution, remediation, and management
- Geochemistry and isotopes in groundwater
- Applied hydrogeology to engineering, geotechnical, and mining issues
- Advances in water supply technologies and groundwater resource development
- Emerging tools and technologies for groundwater investigation, monitoring, and numerical modeling
- Groundwater education & awareness
- Groundwater and Gender
- Managed Aquifer Recharge
Abstract Submission starts
Abstract Submission deadline
Registration, End of Early Bird
Everton de Oliveira
José Paulo G. M. Netto
IAH REPRESENTATIVES IN THE ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Vice-President for Programme and Scientific Coordination
Vice-President IAH Brazilian Chapter
ALHSUD REPRESENTATIVE IN THE ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Miguel Rangel Medina
María Vicente Esteller Albertinho
Roger González Herrera
ALHSUD General Secretary
TGWP The Groundwater Project | University of Guelph
CEPAS – USP | ABAS Vice President
João Carlos Simanke de Souza